Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Friday, July 8, 2011

Tropical Moisture Suppose to be Coming

Hi Friends, tropical moisture is suppose to be here if you look at TV . We have had one tenth so far today. We had one tenth yesterday.

The garden is a little happier. I truly hope we do have some real rain from this little band of moisture. Above is our cayenne pepper. They are doing pretty good this year. They like it hot!! A good part of our garden in container gardening b/c of the critters.
We also have a large front garden that is in the ground and we have only lost some from the critters there. That is the garden that is hurting from the heat the most. That garden has egg plant that is doing OK. Sweet bell peppers that is not doing good at all b/c of the heat. Hot peppers that are struggling. Those are the Thai Hot peppers. They are trying but really not doing great.
The Strawberries have just been wonderful . They are sweet and bountiful. They have been giving since March. Since it has been so hot not like 30 or 40 a day but like 20 to 4 or 5 a day. We have been eating berries from the garden everyday since the 10th of March.
The tomatoes have tasted real good but they have not produced like the years 09 and 10 did. A lot fewer in number. A lot of them split when you pick them. those get eaten tho too!!
It has not been the good garden year people. Everything has suffered from the heat!! Well all most everything!!!
Have a great week-end my Friends!!
Love coming your way, Fern

14 comments:

  1. Awesome garden, my friend! Looks like everything is coming along GREAT! Have a fun weekend! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hot and miserable here as well. Walk outside for 5 minutes and come back sweating. We don't have a garden, but we do have a wonderful roadside stand for fresh veggies and fruits. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fern, the strawberry season up here is almost over. Another week or so then it'll be blueberries. We had a ""hot" spell for about three days this week - about 75 degrees or so. Then it cooled off, a little rain today, then cloudy for the rest of the weekend. I like it a bit cooler for my afternoon walkies. Black furry kids get hot faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep saying we're going to do some container gardening, but... we haven't tried yet. Maybe next year?

    Chan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our mouths are watering for homegrown tomatoes! We can't wait!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything sure LOOKS good, Fern! I love your photo of the cayenne. Peppers are just so pretty. Have a great weekend :-)

    Rottie Kisses from

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom says we have a while to wait on our tomatoes yet! They're the only thing left in our garden this year!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't plant anything this year...but I had a volunteer tomato plant come back from last year...it finally has flowers, so tomatoes soon!
    Hugs to you,
    Kit

    PS...I love the pink dogwood in the spring idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fern. It's been pretty hot here off and on. We did get a little rain today but mostly it's been dry. I like your garden, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have strawberries growing in my yard. Are they difficult to grow? I might need to give it a try sometime. Yum! Hope you all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all those yummy fruits and vegetables!! Wish I had a garden I could walk over and eat from! ;)

    Happy Saturday woofs & hugs!

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks pawsome! My people are bummed because they didn't get anything planted this year.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its Winter here so not much veggies but we didnt get a lot during summer this year, and NO pumpkins, we have never been without pumpkins before so hope you have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I hope you do get your much needed rain. We have had too much rain and now I am enjoying the hot weather!! Your strawberries look awesome and your rose bushes! I read your past posts. Well, I'm suppose to be working so I have to run! Have a great day!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete