Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Monday, December 21, 2009

Quilts

Good Morning blogger friends,
When I started quilting I did not know that I was quilting!!! The first vest I ever made was made out of corduroy and I loved it. The next vest was just made out of 100 percent cotton and with making that vest I learned that I really wanted more to the vest then 2 layers of cotton.
Batting was bought to put in the middle of the next vest. Still I really didn't know what I was doing. I made another vest of just cotton with the batting in the middle and at that time I knew I needed to sew these layers together. But only with experience did I learn how much sewing-quilting needed to be done when making a quilted vest. I joined the quilt club in spring of 97 and started going to the meetings. I picked up a lot in a short time and this is my first quilt made in summer and autumn of 97. It is not real good and it is not too bad. It hangs in my sewing room and I love it there. It reminds me of how far I have come.


I have a special couple of pictures I will show you tomorrow, my birthday!!

I hope you have a good day, I'll be back tomorrow. Please come and see then.
Love you all lots, Bambi, Happy and Fern

7 comments:

  1. Hi Fern,
    That doesn't look like a beginner quilt in my book! Looks great to me!
    I have only done one small quilt, a wall hanging and swore off quilting! Don't have the patience to get all of those corners lined up at the points.
    So I took up beading, all shapes and sizes! It doesn't take up as much room in the RV as quilting does.
    Though I know a lot of RVers that do quilt!
    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried quilting, but I do enjoy X-stitching! I received your adorable Christmas card today. Thanks!
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fern,

    What a beautiful crazy quilt - that's the first pattern I ever learned to piece too - at my grandmother's knee.

    Hope you're planning a Happy Birthday!!

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think ou ladies that quilt are super clever. I cant sew at all but can knit anything. I love to see the quilts and what heirlooms. I will be back to wish you Happy Birthday tomorrow.. Hugs Carol and GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. No khwilting here...
    No knitting here...
    Once upon a time she khrocheted...
    She khan sew on a button...

    Does that khount?

    Happy Almost Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday quilt lady! Put on your waterproof gear because I am sending you big sloppy Mango kisses.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  7. December 22,2009 7:15 AM
    Happy Birthday FERN!!! I hope your day is as special as you. I'll come back later today to check out your birthday post. Your first quilt is GORGEOUS!!!

    Thank you so very much for the pretty Christmas card!! Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete