Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Second Born Son


Hello friends, meet my second born son. Donald. We called him Donnie all his young years and when he started to work in the family business, we called him Don. Don was born in to a family that had a gas station!! I worked the station after the first 6 months of the start of the business. Because my first hubby was in big trouble! The gas company had put him on a cash only status.
My first, worked the railroad. He had this dream of having his own gas station.. So he talked me
into getting this gas station for him and if it did not work out he would still have his job on the railroad. It cost $ 800.00. Now this was a long long time ago, and that was a lot of money.
So after just 6 months he was ready to lose all that money, I could not let that happen. I made a deal with the oil company to let me handle all the bills and run the business. Why the oil company let me take over I'll never know, I was only 21 years old. I have David who was only two years and 5 months old and really just a child myself. I went to work and I worked all most 25 years and saved that business and we ended up having 4 more stations before it was all
over.
Well everybody, you have learned more about me with this post. Yes!!
I really enjoy your visits please come again. Love you all, Fern

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fern,

    What a lovely pictures. And a wonderful insight to your life. We enjoy hearing about you.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fern,
    Thank you for the very interesting story. I knew you were a hard working dedicated person. How amazing you accomplished so much at a very young age with two small children. It shows that determination and hard work pay off.
    Congrats!!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fern,
    My b-day is 1/7/49....when is your?
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fern,

    You are an amazing woman. You have so many interesting things to share.

    ReplyDelete