Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Need rain

We need another tropical storm!  Everything is getting very dry very fast.  With temperatures getting up to 100 and feel like temps as high as 115 the things in the garden dry out fast.  The strawberries have finally given up and are no longer giving fruit.  We have lots in the freezer!!! 
The garden is giving faster then I can keep up.  Cooked 35 lbs of squash yesterday and Sunday!!!  Cooked a very large pot of soup.
Cooked a large pot of critter food.   Cooked a big pot of green beans and pear barley for Zoie. I have been cooking up a storm, thank God for AC!!!!!  I could not do that without AC!! I was telling Sue from Mitch and Molly that I lived in this house for 25 years before we got central AC!! It would get so hot in the kitchen we did a lot of cooking and eating outside.
Have a safe--good week!!
Love coming your way, Zoie & Fern  

13 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Fern and Zoie!! We need some more rain here in Texas, its getting way too hot to do anything outside anymore!! I wish I could come over for some of your yummy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fern,

    Your garden sounds amazing! I'd love to be able to walk into my yard and pick strawberries and herbs and 35lbs of squash. You sound like quite a cook too. Lucky Zoie!

    I've been reading about the heat wave all over the dogblog park. Saw it on CNN too. I wish you could send some over to us. It's about 5degrees right now (centigrade) and I've had enough of winter. 2 more months to Spring. Can't wait! Until then, you keep cool :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the rain.
    THAT is a LOT of squash. Good fur YOU!!!

    Happy Fourth of July !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fern and Zoie, Just wanted to wish you a happy 4th. I too hope we get more rain but not the flooding. Our area can't take that on top of fires. Stay inside and stay cool my friend.
    Hugs, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy that you have AC with those steamy hot temps and with all of the cooking that you've been doing, Fern!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have been cooking away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the rain is headed your way
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fern-
    Happy 4th of July!

    Sorry it is so darn hot for you! We have barely had any days without rain...don't you wish we could trade weather sometimes, just to even things out. Our tomatoes and peppers need some heat!

    Wyatt's mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. .,I hope you get some rain., here in our place it rains almost everyday...

    Dog Fence
    Pet Solutions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th July Fern. I hope you get some rain soon. I cannot even imagine those temperatures!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th to you!!! She can jump a 6 foot fence?! My goodness! Hope you have some of that good cooking soon...oh we love AC too...couldn't live with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grew up without A/C and remember those hot steamy summer days. Somehow we just kept going. Have a good week! Can't believe all the cooking you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a pile of squash! I'm glad your garden has been so prolific even with the heat (or maybe because of the heat).

    ReplyDelete