Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Grandpa and King and me / friends at a quilt show


Good morning blog friends. Here in Tally town it is partly cloudy and not very cold. We are suppose to have rain tomorrow and than cold again. Winter is not done yet!!!
The picture above is my Grandpa and King. I had planned to put this picture on Sunday with my picture and King. I only found G-pa's pic this am.
I loved my G-pa so very much!!! In this pic he had just had his second heart attack. He only lived a few years more when a third took him. Everybody in my family has had heart related problems. In most cases that is what took them. So we (Tom and I) are trying very hard to eat right and exercise.
The picture below is friends and I at a quilt show in Ga. Those friends have left me. All the quilt friends have gone with the wind. I can't go and do like I use to. So By By. No one even calls anymore. But that's alright. I have my blog friends now.

I have had a set back. Last week I was out getting food out for the critters when I stepped out of the shed where I keep the food and slipped off the step and tweaked my back. I did not fall, just slipped. I have not been feeling real great ever since. It will probably take 2 or 3 weeks to get back to normal.
You have a good week!!
Love you all lots, Bambi, Happy & Fern

15 comments:

  1. Whoa! Do you look snazzy all dressed up in red and black, Fern!
    Eating smart is a very good thing!
    We have cold temps and it's rainy/snowy and raw! YUK!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to hear that you tweaked your back! I've done that a few times and it really hurts! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    We have sunshine today, but probably not for long..weather will change soon and we'll be back to clouds, cold, and snow. Beans! I'm not happy about that!

    Have a good day,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your back - I had my feet slip out from under me on Sunday and was on the ground before I knew what had happened. I definitely sympathize.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great memories! I just started up quilting again. I do enjoy all my arts!
    Sorry to hear about your slip. Seems like it takes such a long time to heal from injuries like that.
    I am also sorry to hear no one calls you. I do know how that goes sometimes....gets lonely. But I agree -- all of our blogging friends certainly help!
    Hope your day is full of sunshine and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, back pains are such a nuisance...try to rest and hopefully it will improve soon.
    King and Grandpa were handsome gentlemen!
    I loved my Grandpa too!
    Hugs to all,
    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fern,

    Heal quickly.

    King was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope you are feeling better real soon. We enjoyed the photo of grandpa and King..very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take it easy so woo feel beter soon!

    Thanks again fur those great pikhs!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the pictures Fern, Thats right you have bloggin friends. Rest and take care of that back ok?

    Smiles
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fern and Family! Did you think we'd forgotten you? NO! We've just been away from our blog for a while. That's doesn't mean we don't think about you, though. And we do eventually catch up with our friends. We're sorry to hear you tweaked your back. Those things can take a while to work out. We hope you are feeling better soon.

    We'll be back! We love to see your old photos and read your stories.

    Love
    Jake and Fergi xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your back is 100% real soon. I thought of you when I saw a video on another blog of tourists teasing coons with icecream not a good diet for them I would think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take good care of yourself. Momma has heart attacks in her family too, but the humans take much better care of themselves now, so I am not too worried about her.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fern and family,
    Very nice pictures today. Madi and I are sorry to hear about your back. Oh my word back pain is the worst. It makes you feel bad all over.
    Take care and rest and relax as you can,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww Fern, I am so sorry about your back. You get lots of rest.. we are thinking about you.

    I send many licks to you!!!

    Olive :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh we love making new friends! Glad you found us and now we are following you too!

    ReplyDelete