Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Friday, August 7, 2009

A Story with no pictures!

The last time I told you a story of my young life it shocked you. I really need to talk about it tho.
I had an eye that turned in to the nose. There was also no real sight in that eye. My Mother was OK with my eye but my Dad wanted to have something done to try to fix it. The people he worked for had friends in N Y C that knew a doctor that was at the top of his field. They said they would get in contact with him and see what he thought about my eye. That doc told them to have my Dad call him . To make a long story short I ended up with one operation one year and another the next year. It was state of the art surgery of the 40s. The doctor fixed the look of my eye but couldn't fix the sight because there was no sight to begin with. The doctor tied both eyes together by the nerves, so that when I look at you both eyes will look at you. My good eye pulls the bad eye so I look normal.
That was just one of my problems my Mother gave me.
It will be interesting to see if people comment on this story or not. Did I scare you all away? I do not mean to. I just need to talk about all my problems.
Until next time, Fern

8 comments:

  1. Hey Fern,

    Naw - you can't scare me! My family stories would either match yours or put them to shame - ha ha!!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fern: Muzzer had a similar problem, but her eye did have some sight. She was in the control group that got exercises, not the operation. Even today she can freak Dad out by letting go of the right eye and allowing it to "float." We can tell when she is really tired because she can't control it, and it goes out walking on its own.

    gussie

    (hehehe..she is funny looking then, but dad won't let us laugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk and share all you want Fern! You are among friends here!
    Hugs,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can't take to it with your friends, who can you talk about it with? We're here for you and it takes a lot to gross us out!!

    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of us have some kind of similar story. I lived poor growing up but I didn't know it then. Just now when I look back I realize how much my Mom and Dad were struggling. Sorry I haven't been around. Been helping my daughter in law a lot with my new grandson and then vacation in Maine. Now I go back to work at the University where I work in a week so summer's over for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was quite an operation for that time! Your daddy must have been a very special person. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fern,
    I've been away for a few days. I'm just catching up with my blog friends. I hope that you are having a good day today.
    It is so very hot in NC....supposed to be 101 real temperature tomorrow.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fern...you are an inpsiration to all of us...none of us are perfect...and none of us will get through life unscathed...it's what you make of your life that matters.

    have a wonderfilled week!
    christine

    ReplyDelete