Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Monday, August 24, 2009

Solar Panels

This picture you can see the gate some. The Hydrangea's here are about a month later than the picture in the last post. But you can see the gate a little. Tom put up a post to hold the solar panel. There is one on each side of the gate. Two poles, two solar panels. He did this in 93 so when we drove in or out we did not have to get out and open the gate drive through then get out again and close the gate. It was such a luxury. We had that luxury until July 08 when lightening struck it! 15 years it worked.. We have not fixed it because it would cost over 500.00
$. So Tom gets out and opens the gate.
Here you can see our bell peppers! Beautiful! Our hot peppers have not done as well this year..
I have pictures I can not find I want to show you. I will keep looking..
Thanks for your visit, come again soon.
Love to you all, Fern

10 comments:

  1. You certainly can't find peppers that pretty in the store!
    Your hydrangeas were beautiful!
    Hugs and rubs to you and the critters,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kit,
    One thing I can do is grow things. I don't spend the time I use to, but this year has been real good with one exception and that is the hot peppers. Today I brought in 38 cherry tomatoes. The other day it was 19 bell peppers. Love ya, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fern,
    What beautiful peppers and flowers. You are a talented gardner. Our house faces the north so we have a little trouble getting enough sun for succesful gardening.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Fern,

    You hydrangeas are beautiful - and so are the peppers. Our Mom can grow peppers, but when it comes to flowers, she's a failure - but she does grow wonderful Scotties!!

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh..I do love the Hi Strangers! And your peppers look bootiful too. I like sweet peppers, but can't eat too much or I get badddddd gassy tummy. So I only get little pieces.

    Yummy
    gussie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gussie, tell Mom to roast the peppers on the grill, until almost black, cool, then peal off the skin. Than the peppers will not be gasie and taste wonderful.
    Love, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madi and Mom,
    I have been trying to upload your blog all day, no luck. Miss Computer is not happy today.
    This computer is more than 10 years old.
    Gardening is hard work!! I can not do as much as I use to do!! I still love the the vegetables tho!!!
    Love, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fern,
    Sometimes technology is very aggravating. HA!!
    I did receive a post on today's blog. Thanks for checking in with us.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    We have left an award for you on our bloggie.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  10. the flowers are beautiful...we're not green pepper eaters, but we love hungarian wax peppers. We tried planting them in partial shade this year and they have exploded. We'll freeze them and them fry them in bacon fat and have sandwiches later this winter.

    have a great week,
    christine

    ReplyDelete