Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Love vest




My followers have wanted to see what I am sewing and of course I am not sewing anything because of the fall. So I dug up some older pictures.
Here is the vest I made/quilted in honor of Amanda. The vest is embroidered on my Viking one plus. I bought a rose disk that had 16 different rose patterns on it. Then embroidered some on the material, quilted the material. On the back I made an appliqued shape of Amanda out of a white fleece, hand embroidered her eyes and light colored tan with free motion stitching, oh yes also her mouth. The vest was quilter with a heavy thread of gold and silver.
I made everything I am wearing, even the slacks. I am sorry the pictures are not better, it is a pretty vest.
I hope you have enjoyed the post to night. Please push my follow button if you are not a follower. Leave a comment and come back soon. Love you all, Fern

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful vest! I can't believe you made that! I haven't sewn clothes in 30 years. What a gorgeous tribute to Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful vest! It's just gorgeous!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fern,

    This is an absolutely gorgeous tribute to Amanda. The last time I tried to make clothes, I laughed so hard at the outcome that I never tried again.

    Have a great day.
    Love and Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fern your tribute Vest to Amanda takes my breath away. I can see that it was designed and made with lots of love. You do beautiful hand work. I so look forward to hearing that you are able to get back to sewing and quilting.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vest Fern! Sewing clothes is a talent. My mother sewed clothing but I only made some dresses for my daughter when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vest...My mother was a wonderful seamstress...Not me!
    You are very talented.
    Hugs,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you everybody!I too look forward to being able to quilt again. In my fall, I cracked C 3 in my spine. The doctors say that a crack in the upper spine takes much longer to heal than a crack in the lower spine. I know only to well in 92 I cracked C4 5 & 6, it took 2 years to come back from that. In o2 I cracked c 3 that took a year in 07 I cracked 1 & 2 that took 2 years, I was just getting well from the 07 fall when July 1 I fell into the wall in my pantry. And I start again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fern it's lovely! You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete