Max and Allie

Max  and Allie

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday is for Family


I don't have a lot of people in my family that I ever got to know. But this one uncle that I did get to know. This was my Mother's brother. Meet Uncle Luke. My Mother never meet him until he showed up at her door one April mid morning many years ago. It was probably the middle 80's. He said Hi I am your brother. Mother slammed the door in his face, saying You call before you come!!! He went out and sat in his car not believing what had just happened.
The next time he came (and she was lucky he did come back) he called and ask permission to come and see her. They turned out to be very good friends and he did a lot of things for her and me. My Mother died in 05 and Uncle Luke died in 06.
I hope your day is going well.
Thank you so much for coming for a visit. I need friends. Where I live doesn't make for many friends so I depend on you!!!
Love coming your way, Bambi & Fern

8 comments:

  1. Hi Fern and Family,

    We hope you're having a great weekend and that the heat is subsiding.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fern, I'm sorry you did not get to know many of your family members. Your mom was not much of a people person was she?

    100 in Raleigh today,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday was frosty and cold. We've been staying indoors as much as possible.

    Hope you get some rain soon.

    We're happy your mum and her brother eventually got along.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Hello Uncle Luke...I didn't know many people in my family either and now that Mother is gone, I know no one, except one cousin in NC.
    I guess that's why you and I love our critters so much, they are our family!
    Hugs,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fern-
    You are right! Sunday is for family. We love to visit our folks and our Grandma. Grandma is 89 and just had her heart valve replaced this week. She's doing great and can't wait to get back to her garden! Runs in the family!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, your mom was tough, Fern! We're glad that she and her brother eventually became friends.

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ending at last. I bet your mom and her brother would continue to be good friends after they meet again in heaven!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your Uncle Luke came back and tried again with your Mom. My Grandpa McLeod and his seven brothers and sisters had a feud over the estate when their mother died. They never spoke to each other again so I grew up not knowing anything about Grandpa's family. My sister-in-law was working on the McLeod family tree and got a copy of the family Bible page of births - imagine my surprise to learn that Grandpa was one of eight!!! I remember one of his sisters from when I was a little girl. My Mom would see Aunt Christine in church but I didn't realize who she was - she was the youngest of the brothers and sisters. So sad to not know your family - I know I have relatives out there - probably lots of them - who I'll never know. That's why I cherish the ones I know and try to keep in touch :o)
    Still hot here - and no rain - take care and keep cool -
    Judie

    ReplyDelete